MPD Job Opening
Front-end Web Developer
We are looking for a front-end web developer to join our small team on a part-time basis. This could potentially lead to a full-time, salaried position for the right candidate. The ideal candidate would be a killer front-end web developer but also have an appreciation for the nuances of good design and seamless user experience.
- A good eye for solid design and typography
- Creativity, curiosity, excitement and a willingness to constantly learn (with the team and on your own)
- Great time management, teamwork, and communication skills
- Deep knowledge of standards compliant HTML5 & CSS3 (You hand code. No WYSIWYGs required.)
- Ability to integrate custom front-end code with Wordpress and other Content Management Systems
- Solid understanding of cross-browser/platform issues and coding solutions
- Knowledge of front-end performance optimization
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills
- Basic understanding of client-server architecture
- U.S. resident, located in the EST time zone.
Must be available during normal business hours (9AM–5PM EST. Monday-Friday). This is not a moonlighting position, so if you already have a fulltime gig, this wouldn’t be a good fit.
- Familiarity with responsive web development and frameworks
(Bootstrap, Foundation, etc.)
- Proficiency with common JS Frameworks (JQuery, MooTools, YUI, etc.)
- Experience with Expression Engine, Joomla or other lesser-known CMS
- Familiarity with customizing eCommerce websites (particularly Magento)
- Experience with building ADA-compliant websites
- Richmond, Virginia or Central Virginia resident
- Enjoy your job and never get bored! We are a creative team with a not-so-corporate mentality, and we work with a wide variety of clients on a wide variety of projects.
- Be heard. We’re growing and the right candidate will have an opportunity to shape the direction of that growth. You would not be a number here – you would be an integral part of the team.
- Work in your slippers from the comfort of your home (most of the time).
- Be rewarded with a competitive hourly rate (and the possible opportunity to join us permanently for a competitive salary).
OK, got what it takes?
Email the following information to jobs at morganporter dot com, att: Morgan (please, no phone calls, recruiters or agencies!):
- Your resume (or your LinkedIn profile)
- Links to at least three live websites you’ve worked on with a description of your role on each project
- Required hourly rate
- A description of yourself in four sentences or less, without mentioning work or web development
MPD is a small web design and development company that started as the freelance graphic/web design practice of Morgan Porter. For over 10 years, Morgan helped small and large companies, non-profits, political candidates and other organizations produce beautiful custom-designed print collateral, websites and logos. Today, MPD is focused on helping its clients communicate, connect and grow. And the company is growing as a result.